Whether you need market-entry, market research and development or operational efficiencies, we help to develop and deliver the right strategies to maximise your opportunities and growth.
International patient acquisition strategies that include:
- Market intelligence
- Identification and introduction to key international purchasers
- Marketing and sales strategies
- Infrastructure recommendations
- Strategic partnerships
- Identification and negotiation with key international medical insurers
- Appointment of market based representatives and agents
- Organisation and management of market visits
Post-COVID-19 business recovery
Advice and implementation of real time virtual consultations including:
- Configuration of on-line video consultations for doctors and patients alike
- Full patient confidentiality with access to secure patient records
- Turn key case management from consultation to recovery
Business case development including:
- Market assessment
- Analysis of current operations
- Opportunity assessment
- Commercial modelling
- Recommendations for action
- Process review and implementation of change
- Team management and development
- Restructuring and management of the consultation process
- Development of job descriptions and person specifications
- Complaints management and responding to
- Freedom of Information (FOI) requests
- Structure and configuration of Compucare, a hospital finance and administration system
Marketing and communications
- Marketing Strategy, development and implementation
- Thought leadership content
- Digital and Social Media marketing: website development and management
- Advertising: print, online and social media, broadcast, outdoor, direct mail
- Market research
- Influencer collaboration and strategic alliances
- Event organisation and management
- Agency management
- Corporate communications: Awards programmes, internal comms etc
- PR and Risk Management
- Public Affairs
- Interim marketing and comms roles
- Implementation of processes for CMA information requirements
- Identification and contracting with providers for private medical insurers
- Identification and recovery of charges applicable under the NHS Overseas Visitors and Migrants Regulation
Case Study 1
Private Patient Strategy
A large NHS hospital wanted to grow its revenue. We developed a strategy to grow private patient income to fund the development of a new building for the benefit of both NHS and private patients.
The approach we took to included the following key areas of work:
- Long term trends and market assessment
- Assessment of the potential to increase international patient acquisition
- Review of present private patient services
- Commercial models: financial analysis and risk assessments
- Strategy Report
Working on-site and regular client meetings enabled the team to test assumptions; flag issues; provide feedback and make recommendations.
Our client continues to work through the issues raised and has implemented most of the recommendations to achieve their goal.
Case Study 2
Online video consultations
The COVID 19 pandemic quickly accelertated the use of digital technology. A digital platform was introduced to sustain and improve the client’s business via successful implementation of an online system of video consultations for doctors and other healthcare professionals and their patients.
Firstly, we selected and white labelled an existing digital consulting platform that:
- encompassed all the privacy and data protection laws
- included all the factors as recommended by the GMC for patient consent
- provided secure payment for the consultation in advance and
- gave secure storage to patients for their medical records
Secondly, we canvassed and signed up Consultants and other health professionals to participate in the programme, providing training for them and their administrative support team and the hospital interpreters.
Finally, a marketing plan was devised and implemented.
Over 4,000 consultations in the first six months. “Best use of technology in medical tourism” IMTJ Medical Travel Awards 2020
Case Study 3
Patient Cost Recovery
To improve income capture and hospital compliance with the NHS Overseas Visitors and Migrants Policy across eight large NHS Foundation Trusts.
Over the course of one day we ran a series of meetings; mapped the current process in place and interviewed key people from across the organisation to assess the cost recovery process and its challenges.
A series of recommendations for change were proposed that included:
- changes in current processes and staffing structures
- improvements to IT systems to more effectively manage patient pathways
- staff training across all staff groups in the awareness and management of overseas visitors
- development of data reporting, price lists and invoicing, improve billing, payment and overseas debt management
We continued to support progression of our recommendations over a nine month period, resolving issues at a Board level where required.
100% of the hospitals showed an improvement in income capture
Case Study 4
Medical Concierge Services
Our objective was to provide rapid access to healthcare services in London for VIP clients of a US based medical concierge company.
- 24/7 on call service
- establishing a network of emergency GPs
- research and recommendations of healthcare professionals specialising in alternative medicine; mental health and dental health
- appointment scheduling at short notice; sourcing pharmaceuticals
- hospital admission organsiation and collation of medical reports